Wednesday, July 23, 2003

A note from the job search: one company here had an ad the other day for an "Epiphany Consultant". I figured this was some kind of tech-position involving a program or computer system called "Epiphany", and I was right. But the idea of an "Epiphany Consultant" kind of made me laugh, thusly....

Client: I think I had an epiphany.

Epiphany Consultant: Please describe it.

Client: Well, I suddenly realized that I've been working in sales for fifteen years, and that I'm not any good at it. Now I want to make shoes for a living.

Epiphany Consultant: Did you feel the Spirit moving in you?

Client: No.

Epiphany Consultant: Then what brought this realization on?

Client: My boss told me that I stink at sales, and I haven't had a commission check in six years.

Epiphany Consultant: Oh, that's not en epiphany. That would be a negative evaluation. You should update your resume. Thank you, but our time is up.

No comments: