Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Meta-blogging notes today...

:: No sooner did I link the blog Reflections in d minor than it disappeared. I wonder what's going on?

:: The Ecosystem now lists rankings by traffic (hits per day), in addition to rankings by incoming links. In the Ecosystem proper, I am in danger of dropping out of the ranks of rodentry and back into the realm of bird-dom. Interestingly, I rank 565th on the Ecosystem, but in terms of traffic, I rank over 250 spots higher, at 301st. The traffic rankings are collated via SiteMeter, so I guess that means that data are unavailable for any blog not using SiteMeter, such as USS Clueless. Also, the disparity between the Ecosystem rankings and the traffic rankings are interesting. Of course, the top spot on both belongs to Insty, but look at Number Four in terms of traffic, a blog called Gizmodo (it apparently focuses on gadgets and gizmos). Gizmodo's Ecosystem ranking is 660th.

:: Aaron speculates in my Comments that maybe his traffic would go up if he'd, like, post more. That helps.

:: Finally, just a warning: I may be sparse in updating here for a while -- a week or two. No definite hiatus, but I am currently experiencing the cranial equivalent of a twenty-car pileup, and it's time to get out the big cranes and the jaws-of-life and stuff and clear out the wreckage. When that happens, posting to Byzantium's Shores takes a back seat.

No comments: