Wednesday, July 02, 2003

According to AICN, Steven Spielberg may not be directing the fourth Indiana Jones movie after all. I don't know...I can't really get too worked up about that, really. I've never been all that enthusiastic about another Indy movie, as much as I love the previous three -- I think that Harrison Ford needs to start doing something else, and I think that the character of Indiana Jones has been explored as well as needs be. Now, if they have a killer script, that's one thing. But I'm pretty much on the "I can take it or leave it" side of this one.

(As for the originals, my preference mirrors the order in which they were made, although for a long time I didn't like Temple of Doom all that much. Now I prefer it to Last Crusade, which I think has "aged" the least successfully of all three. Raiders is, of course, magnificent.)

(UPDATE: Now, AICN is reporting that the original report was wrong. Those responsible have been sacked.)

No comments: