Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Today marks the entrance into the market of my two latest stories. The baseball one, "One More Dying Quail", was inspired by the Gregg Easterbrook "Tuesday Morning Quarterback" football columns that I enjoy so much. Easterbrook likes to refer, every so often, to "the Football Gods", as in: "Mike Martz should not have run up the score against the Jets, because the Football Gods were watching, and that's why they lost the Super Bowl." So, I wrote a story about the actual "Baseball Gods".

And the other story, the Snow White one, has a very simple idea: just what ever happened to the Huntsman, anyway? The guy who was supposed to kill Snow White and present her heart to the Queen in that nice little box, but instead spared her life and tricked the Queen with the heart of a pig? I've never had a story pour out of me like this one did -- the first draft was done in a week, and in editing I only excised about 200 of its original 7500 words. Of course, my experience matters not a whit; it's the editors who matter. We'll see....

No comments: