Thursday, June 12, 2003

It's Maintenance Time at Byzantium's Shores.

:: I updated "Other Journeys" (in conventional parlance, my blogroll). I added John Scalzi, a writer whose blog I've followed sporadically for a while now, and restored I Love Everything, which is a collection of coolness and weirdness -- think Die Puny Humans! without the darkness. (I used to link I Love Everything, but it went offline for a while and I had assumed it gone. Now it's back.) I also removed two blogs -- Tacitus and This Modern World -- that, while excellent, I simply wasn't reading anymore. I know where to find each, though.

:: I also decided to list the EVIL one under his blog's actual title, thus bumping up toward the top of the list.

:: I added a couple of new sites under "Other Shores". First is Soundtrack Express, which is exactly what the title says: a filmscore review site, and a particularly good one at that. (Even if I have a small bone to pick with his Lord of the Rings reviews -- I'll get to that later.) This site replaces ScoreLand Soundtrack Reviews, which appears to be gone now. (Its webmaster, Jason Blalock, decided some time ago to stop updating it, as his fascination with film music had gone by the wayside, but he had left the site up. Now it no longer appears to be so. Kind of a bummer, as its presence on my links got me a lot of hits from people looking for a site called "Scoreland" that apparently had, well, female bodies as its main feature. But it's time I made that change.) Also new is "The Agony Column", a science-fiction review site run by a guy named Rick Kleffel, whose reviews I've seen on the rec.arts.sf.written newsgroup for some time now.

That's all the nuts-and-bolts stuff for now.

No comments: