Sunday, June 08, 2003

Greg dares to speak ill of a Steven Spielberg movie. Luckily, he chooses The Lost World to pick on, which is fine because that movie really is bad. I still remember my shock that Spielberg had taken such a sabbatical after the triumph of Schindler's List (which has a pretty-much permanent slot on my Top Five Movies of All Time list), and what he made when he returned from that sabbatical was The Lost World. Just a terrible, terrible movie that wastes some of my favorite actors. And the Junior Gymnast whose skills aren't good enough to get her on the Gynnastics Team at school, but are sufficient to defeat a hungry velociraptor? Ugh! Ugh ugh ugh!!

(Actually, in terms of the ratio of pretention to actual delivery, I may dislike Saving Private Ryan even more than The Lost World, which nobody expected to be a great movie. But I digress.)

No comments: