Sunday, June 08, 2003

Embrace the Randomness!!!

:: Is there something goofed up with SiteMeter right now? It's tracking my daily hits OK, but the "Visits This Week" counter has been stuck on the same total for several days now, which doesn't seem possible. And the graph for Hits Per Month isn't updating, either. Anyone else having problems?

:: Someone found Byzantium's Shores by searching for "Philo Beddoe and Camelot". Anyone care to tell me why anyone should expect to find those two items together? (Camelot is probably self-explanatory; Philo Beddoe is the name of Clint Eastwood's character in Every Which Way But Loose.)

:: My triumvirate of leading ladies from the Golden Age of Hollywood, should anyone care, consists of Ingrid Bergman, Grace Kelly, and Deborah Kerr.

:: There are a couple of things I'd like to try, if I'm ever pluckish enough. First, I'd like to go into a Target dressed in a red shirt and khakis, and wander around until someone either asks me a question or attempts to give me direction. Then, I'd like to go into a Wal-Mart when they're about to do that creepy cheer of theirs, and just when they finish it, shout "AFL-CIO!!!" just to see how many blue-vested managers I can send into coronary convulsions.

:: Aaron wants traffic. Well, you should start with linking other blogs and then visit those ones every day, so that they notice you in their referral logs. Then, some of them will (theoretically) link back. Other than that, I have no idea how traffic generates. It seems utterly capricious at times -- I'll write a post that I'm sure will at least generate some comments, if not get noticed by someone, but nada...and then I'll do something else on a whim, and that generates traffic. Weird. (Of course, if Aaron links other blogs, then my ego-shot of seeing a blogroll that consists of me, and only me, will disappear. Woe....)

:: The Athlon Sports NFL preview magazine is out now, which makes me happy (although it seems a little early; I don't recall seeing those mags out until July before). I usually get a couple of these magazines each year, Athlon's being a given and the other being whichever strikes my fancy. I won't do my own Football Preview post until just before the regular season kicks off, but Athlon predicts the Bills to finish third in the AFC East, and their Super Bowl prediction this year is the same as mine from last year (Eagles vs. Steelers). Oh, and on Page 30 there's an article called "Tom Brady is the Devil". (Just kidding, Sean!)

:: Some people are wimps. Today the mercury topped the 70-degree mark for the first time in, well, a while, and people already have their central air units fired up. Come on!

No comments: