Friday, May 23, 2003

Jane Galt's said a few things lately (here and, more recently, here) about the tendency of political opposition to get really whacko with respect to the people actually in power. I guess I can sort-of see her point, but by and large, there's no way that Democratic insanity with respect to President Bush comes anywhere near the insanity we saw directed by Republicans at President Clinton. I'd say more, but Oliver Willis has it covered.

Well, just one more thing: I find it interesting that, judging by the comments in the latter post linked above, conservatives tend to judge a liberal's sanity by how conservative they are willing to be or appear. But then, this seems to merely illustrate what Jane says in the former post linked above; and for that matter, I'd like to know just what constitutes, then, a "sane" criticism of the President.

No comments: