Monday, May 19, 2003

Huzzah!!!

In the greatest boon to CD shoppers in history, the Borders in Buffalo has ditched those horrible spinning-display towers for the Naxos CDs, and put them in normal bins just like everything else. They still keep the Naxos stuff separate, though, which is terrifically convenient, since I browse Naxos CDs differently than I browse the mainstream classical selection. (Since Naxos CDs retail around 7 or 8 bucks, I tend to be a lot more adventurous when buying them. I'm far more likely to try some composer I've never even heard of on a Naxos CD than I am on a full-price disc by, say, Deutsche Gramophon. And Naxos CDs tend to be of very high quality, in terms of performance.) But now the annoying towers are gone, which means that the Naxos CDs are much more likely to remain in alphabetical order.

But then, they didn't have the specific Naxos CD I wanted in stock. Oh well. That just gives me another excuse to go to Borders next week.

No comments: