Wednesday, April 02, 2003

You know, I'm just about ready to give up trying to figure out where 24 is going. I mean, I have no intention of not watching it; I am as hooked on this damned show as much as I've ever been hooked on anything. But whenever I read or watch an espionage thriller, I tend to expend a lot of effort trying to figure things out. (Not that I'm all that successful, all the time....) But now, I'm totally at a loss as to what's going on. What started with a simple race-against-time-to-stop-the-terrorist-scheme has become, rather audaciously in my view, a race-against-time-to-stop-World-War-III. The closing moments of last night's episode, in which yet another rogue group seemed to show up, just sealed the deal. I have absolutely no idea where they're going with this. They could have the 24th episode of this year be a montage of shots depicting the world ending in nuclear holocaust, and I wouldn't be any more surprised than I would be if everything wraps up next week and Jack Bauer spends the remaining eight episodes or whatever soaking in a bathtub with scented salts and oils.

As for The Misadventures of Kim Bauer, I've come to almost see her storyline as comic relief as she gets herself into one scrape after another. Maybe next week she'll get tossed into a lockup cell with Nina Myers....

No comments: