Tuesday, April 15, 2003

In the "Something Learned Every Day" Department: apparently getting a lot of snow, and keeping it on the ground all winter, is not only beneficial for the local ski slopes, but also for the local golf courses, in terms of the health of the grass. I'm not a golfer, but I found this interesting.

(Oh, by the way: we're up to six consecutive days of awakening to sunlight just a-streamin' through my window. Actually, some meteorologists might use the term "partly cloudy" to describe today, but after six months of "Completely friggin' overcast", I'm putting it in the "sunny" column. And for those of you who are sick of my beating this particular horse into the ground, it's apparently supposed to rain here either tomorrow or the day after. Light at the end of the tunnel, and all that.)

No comments: