Thursday, March 06, 2003

A couple of writing-related notes are on tap for today.

:: I discovered a blog about writing, Write This Way!, a little while ago. It looks potentially interesting, though I haven't dug much into it yet. Of course, it seems that I'll have plenty of time to do so because apparently the author -- a writer named Karen Hall, with whom I am unfamiliar -- has given up blogging for Lent. (One of these days I'll have to learn what that means. I know it has something to do with the impending Easter....)

:: I finished typing in the second draft of The Promised King, Book One: The Welcomer a couple of days ago, and I am now doing what I plan to be the final round of edits before I start sending it to publishers. This process should take a couple of weeks. I am also editing a new short story, "To Weep When I Am Glad", that I also hope to have ready for submission somewhere in a week or so. (As usual, my latest attempt at writing a true "short story" -- under 7500 words -- resulted in yet another "novelette", with a rough draft of 16,500 words. I am almost incapable of writing short.)

:: I finally got back to working on "The Baseball Gods" (provisional title), a first draft of a story about, well, the Baseball Gods.

:: Now that Matt has a blog, you can all go bug him about how he's coming on a little writing project of his own. Heh heh heh....

No comments: