Friday, February 07, 2003

I never heard about the contest to decide who writes the next Godfather novel until just now, and given the popularity of the original novel and film, I'm surprised that I hadn't heard about this until now. I would think that a sequel to The Godfather would command as much interest as the sequel to Gone With the Wind did twenty years ago or however long ago that was. Oh well, I missed my chance....

....but then, I almost certainly would not have won. There's no way I could write a convincing Godfather novel, because I have next to no interest whatsoever in Mob stories. I've not seen a single episode of The Sopranos, I haven't seen a single Mob movie since GoodFellas (unless you count Analyze This), and I've never read any of Mario Puzo's work. Oh well....maybe the estate of JRR Tolkien will announce a contest to chronicle the Fourth Age of Middle Earth? or maybe George Lucas will license some novels set after Return of the Jedi....oh. Never mind.

No comments: