Thursday, November 07, 2002

Entertainment Weekly had an article a week or two ago about what's wrong with The West Wing. I didn't agree with everything the article said -- I find the ongoing storyline about Qumar fascinating, for example -- I have to agree with the article's writer on one thing: the show now has too many characters. There are so many supporting players now, weaving and wending their way through the main characters' lives, that it's hard to keep track of them all and now the storylines are starting to seem rushed as nothing is really developed fully, as opposed to being briefly updated before moving on to the next thing. Now they've added Christian Slater to the mix, and since he's a "Special Guest Star" I suppose that will mean more screentime for him, at the expense of...someone. I still love the show, though, and I still watch it faithfully, which is more than I can say for Entertainment Weekly. One of these days I'll remember to cancel the subscription....

No comments: