Tuesday, October 15, 2002

I've been on a weight-loss regimen since the beginning of 2002, combining regular exercise with healthy eating. (None of that goofy "Eat nothing but protein" stuff for me, thank you very much!) I'm happy to report that I've had success with the regimen, which I consider a shift in lifestyle as opposed to "a diet". I've reduced by BMI five points so far, with more to come.

(But just to demonstrate that BMI is a guideline but not a perfect indicator of reality, on a lark I plugged in Bruce Smith's height and weight into the calculator linked above -- and he's got the same BMI as me, right now. Now, if Bruce Smith's total body fat can even be measured in pounds, I'd be surprised -- but a strict reading of his BMI, without regard to his body-type, says that he is "obese". Just a little food for thought....but hey, I've got something in common with Bruce Smith!)

No comments: